Thursday, November 06, 2008

Tucker after hunting for the day (pic)

Hey Don,

I would still like to get together for that pheasant hunt you mentioned. Unfortunately I am tied up with work until after the 22nd of Nov. And have a commitment the weekend of the 29th.

After that point I could get away on weekends. For the most part I would be able to get any day of the week if I had notice.

I did go out for pheasant once so far and did get one. I have also seen 4 hens. They were no good except for giving Tucker a chance to flush them.

We have done OK on the Ducks I was out on the 31st and got five - Tucker retrieved all of them. The week before that we got six, five retrieved, one landed at my brothers feet so there was no need for him to get it.

The most important part was that he got 2 that I would not have found. He has a long way to go but I am happy with his progress so far.

The last time I brought his leash out again as the previous trip he broke when a shot duck hit the water. Having his leash on was enough I did not have to hold it. He is improving every hunt.

Let me know if we can make the hunt work. If not I guess we will have to wait until next year. You can give me a call at home if you like..

Here is a pic of Tucker after hunting for the day.

Evan

Tucker Mighty Hunter