Tuesday, May 12, 2020

This is a tribute to Rose!

Kadnook Meant To Be (Rose)




Daughter Grand Champion Chelsea. Best Puppy in Show!
Granddaughter Grand Champion Annalou. She also was a Best Puppy in Show! She
has won 17 CKC titles in 5 disciplines!
Great Granddaughter Grand Champion Moxie. She also won a Best Puppy in Show.
She became a Grand Champion at 9 months!
I wonder what the odds are against a mother, daughter and granddaughter each
winning Best Puppy in Show!!!




I looked hard for three years for a chocolate female worth breeding. My
search took me to Jill of Kadnook kennels in Australia.  She was having the
same trouble and was going to stop trying.  She owned Kadnook Meant To Be
(Rose), about to come into heat!  I made a deal where Jill would find a
suitable black male that carried chocolate, breed her and send her over.
Kept a cf and called her Mud.  A bf, Zarah went to New York where she was
trained for a service dog. My chocolate line and many of my blacks can be
traced back to Rose.  She was one of 5 dogs from Kadnook  I am the only
person in North America able to get one.  Jill refused at first saying, " No
you Americans ruin dogs with shock collars".  She checked me out and many
months later called to say she had just bred a litter, what did I want,  I
took a yf and called her Roo, (for Kangaroo)
.

Jill is now deceased, her husband Wayne continues but on a smaller scale.
Jill was very proud of her dogs but not for being 50% responsible for the
very first Labradoodle.

Here is a link www.kadnoojlabs.com


Don