Tuesday, December 24, 2013

1st try on the whistle

Sorry we didnt get a chance to chase pheasants. Work got busy and I ended up travelling to Quebec a few times within those last 2 weeks.
 
I started Deke on the whistle today for 'sit' and 'come'. Within 5 minutes he had both figured out! I left the lead on but laid it on the ground (which maybe helped him stay), and reinforced the verbal 'sit' with one quick whistle. I was able to walk at least 30 yds from him and he didn't budge. A few quick toots and he would break and run right to me. By the end of 5 minutes of this he started sitting in the whistle alone. If I haven't said it enough already, thank you for a wonderful dog.
 
Merry Christmas to you, Pierette, Jill, Puck, and the rest of the family!
 
Chris, Stacy, MacKenzie and Hunter
 

Deke