Sunday, April 06, 2008

Good News!

I have just learned that Cheryl YOUNG of Makaila labs has decided to sell me a female pup that she had chosen for herself. I consider this to be a very special honor and I will do my best to develop the pup, “Dot” to her fullest potential. Cheryl got her start in labs from Whistlinwings Kennel. Lori and Kerry CURRAN owned Whistlinwings; they have been the only people in North America to produce triple champions. To make it even more remarkable, they were amateurs who did their own breeding, training and handling! Lori CURRAN sold breeding stock to Chris WINCEK of Kerrybrook Kennels, Ohio. I purchased Ada, Yew and Jet from there. Makaila labs has also been interested in producing healthy dogs that will excel both in the field and the show ring. Dot’s mother, and her mother’s litter-mate, are Canadian Show Champions that are running Field Trials, this will be her last litter. Cheryl’s daughter, Taryn, just won the Junior Handling world championships at Crufts in England. Bailee is going to rank the number two Labrador in Canada with Taryn handling the whole way.

Don BATES