Tuesday, February 06, 2007

obedience classes

Hi Don

Let me first say that yours is a wonderful Website, I enjoyed toggling about and reading lots of great info....well done!

 

 While at the Westwood Vet clinic yesterday, I noticed a sign regarding upcoming classes. I am interested, but unsure of my ability to attend the information session...a conflict with my sons swimming lessons in Halifax the same night.

 

I am wondering about the methods you'll be using throught the classes. Many years ago, I trained a dog (a simply crazy mix of Black lab & springer) in Lessons with Don & Gladys Gates using a choke collar and this past fall tried clicker training at the Pawsplex with my youngest springer. These are clearly two very different approaches to training, and I must admit I preferred the choke method...maybe because I am more comfortable with it or maybe I didn't give the clicker a fair trial. This springer ( field type), now about 10 months old is one of John Mitchells dogs and as such certainly has a lot of drive. He is a machine...stong and fast yet eager to please. I would like very much to try his training professionally once more....with out a clicker and a mitt full of kibble. My other Springer ( also Field & now 6 yrs old ) was never quite as driven or headstrong as this youngster, and has never had formal training and yet she is simply a pleasure.

So, to make a long story short, can you provide me with some info regarding your upcoming lessons, just in case I am indeed unable to make it to the meeting.

Thank you,

Valerie Levy