Sunday, March 06, 2011

Tucker (update)

Sorry, no more pictures of Tally yet. It has not been a good week. Tally
can compete with Tucker for weight, but probably not in sheer roundness. She
is quite leggy. I don't have spring bulbs in the garden, and we are still
under two feet of snow, but I found her eating daffodil bulbs. I can only
think that the squirrels might have brought them in from our neighour, who
has lots of pots, or from his giant stinking rubbish heap in the garden.
She had definitely eaten some, and I think that Oka had too. I tried
peroxide but could not get him to vomit, so we whizzed off to the vets to
get some hydromorphone. Which, obviously, worked. Oka felt very sorry for
himself. I am very glad that I did, though, because Tally brought up at
least three bulbs, way more than would be needed to kill her. So we stuffed
them with activated charcoal, and now sulcrate and pepcid, just to protect
their gi tracts. They are going to be fine, though. I was more concerned
about Tally because of her lower body mass. Fortunately, if I can use the
word in this context, she had not long eaten, so her stomach was a little
protected, and I was also at the vets within 15 minutes of it happening.

The vet and the techs are completely in love with her, by the way!

House full of people dropping by all day today, I am quite yawny. Nice to
have good friends here, though.

Hope you are well,
love
b
x