Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buck Update

Hi Don,

First of all, I love all the pictures and updates you have on facebook! Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at pictures of Buck! I saw a post about you being in Turkey...great story!

Buck is doing great...He'll be 2 years in April - it's hard to believe really. It didn't take long for him to become a permenant fixture in our lives! We don't go too many places without him, and he's usually the guest of honor...which he loves of course!

I've been training throughout the fall/winter for a half marathon that is coming up in February, and Buck has been my faithful running companion! Someone asked me the other day how far was too far to run with Buck and I don't actually know the answer. I am in no way a speed demon when I run, and we've been training for quite a few months so we've gradually been adding km's. And typicall we run 4 times a week, with one long run a week (for example today I ran 18km).

I figured I would base his distance on his behavior, but I have yet to see him slow down or seem too tired to keep going.

I'm just wondering if you have any thoughts on this?? I Googled it, but you know what the internet is like - hard to find anything very definite or reliable. Anyway, I'm sure you're very busy, but if you do have any advice that you could pass along whenever you have time I would love to hear what you think.

Here's a few pics from the past few months!


Thanks so much, Jenna, Nick & Buck

Buck4Buck3Buck2Buck1