Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Morrigan (update)

Hi Don,

Lovely to hear from you! I was actually thinking about sending you an email a week or two ago...

Last summer puppy and I moved to England (we live in Plymouth which is in the Southwest). It was all very rushed and I didn't have much time to say proper good-byes. Moving a dog to the UK is a very stressful process! Luckily, everything went very smoothly. It took her a few months to get settled but she is back to her usual happy self - still very much a puppy at heart. If she didn't have grey in her muzzle, you'd think she was 2 years old!

Dogs have it really good here - they are allowed to travel free on all public transport and are welcomed in pubs. Morriganne also has her own EU passport (she has more rights in Europe than I do as a Canadian!). There are also nice (dog-friendly) trails all over the country...including tons of coastal walks.

The weather has been beautiful lately and we're both pretty excited about the long, warm days. I bought her a soccer ball yesterday and she absolutely loves it! I'm going to get a surfboard this season as the surfing is really good here. Puppy can climb up onto the board and balance better than me. If I steady the surfboard while she climbs on, I can actually let her go and she does a decent job of surfing! She is definitely a unique dog.

I've attached a few pictures of puppy in her new home. I also have a Picasa site that I update on a fairly regular basis (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/107173262355334826734).

How are you doing? Keeping busy? Have you had many more puppies this Spring?

I look forward to hearing news.

Cheers,

Lisa & puppy