Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nash's first birthday

Hey Don,

Nash just had his first birthday. It was a quiet day but he did get a bone (not like he knows what it's for but ah well). The obedience classes are going very well, next week is the last week. Sheryl is actually quite good, but the class is more for creating a good family dog and not geared towards obedience trials. I am off work until the 22nd of December for Medical reasons and I have all the time in the world to work with him. I have been working mostly on healing off leash and keeping his focus on me. I was wondering if you could provide me with a full list of test that he will have to pass for obedience trials or better yet a copy of an obedience score sheet so that I can practice the specific exercises with him. I'm going to be entering him in the Show in Moncton in early May or we may travel to Halifax or Saint John to an earlier show if him and I are both ready. I would also appreciate any training videos you may be able to send me that might give me some tips for showing him. I would like to show him myself rather than paying someone to show him. I would like to be involved in every aspect of it. I've been revisiting the videos you sent me and I know you stressed the importance of the "hold"command. I'm rigging the exact setup in my barn that is in the video to train him on the hold command. I've also enclosed a couple pictures of Nash that Carrie took the other day, it has both Nash and Cassie (our Border Collie).


Charles Green

nash and cassienash and cassie